Our confidential and comprehensive payroll services provide peace of mind in this increasingly complex, but essential aspect of running a business. With changing legislation, engaging our payroll services removes the risk of penalties for non-compliance.
If you have employees, you will know that being responsible for your own payroll can be both complicated and time consuming. We can help reduce the burden in a number of ways. As well as keeping you abreast of taxation and legislation changes, we can prepare your accounts, help you set up your own internal systems to administer payroll services, or can even provide you with an outsourced payroll service which includes:
- computer generated payslips
- administration of PAYE, national insurance, statutory sick pay, statutory maternity pay, etc
- completion of statutory forms (including year end returns)
- summaries and analysis of staff costs
- administration of incentive schemes, bonuses and ex-gratia termination payments
Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)
The Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) sets out the rules for how payments to subcontractors for construction work must be handled by contractors in the construction industry.
The scheme applies mainly to contractors and subcontractors in mainstream construction work, however businesses or organisations whose core activity isn't construction but who have a high annual spend on construction may also count as contractors and fall under the scheme.
If you are a subcontractor, your main obligation is to register with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC). You will then have tax deducted at source from your earnings at a rate dependent on your status. As a contractor you have certain obligations under the scheme, including registering with the scheme, checking whether your subcontractors are registered with HMRC, paying subcontractors and submitting monthly CIS Returns.
Our CIS services include:
- Planning & registration advice
- Online processing of monthly CIS Returns
- Combining or offsetting CIS deductions with monthly PAYE deductions payable
- Production of monthly subcontractor payment certificates